Beluga Whales at Mystic Aquarium, CT, USA

  As I mentioned in my previous post, I will write in detail about all the exhibits in the Mystic Aquarium. Let me first start with the Arctic coast, where you can find three Beluga whales. 


Beluga whales have teeth and they are white in color. They are also referred to as white whales. Arctic coast exhibit is one of the biggest outdoor exhibits of Beluga whales in the USA. This one-acre habitat features three interconnected pools holding more than 750,000 gallons of water­. 


You can get an eye-to-eye encounter with the belugas through a series of three underwater windows. Artificial caves are featuring bubble-shaped windows, which will give you a different perspective on the belugas’ underwater world. Above-water viewing is possible from rocky overlooks at various levels. 


You can watch the Aquarium staff working with whales and providing informal presentations throughout the day. The beluga whales are playful. You will enjoy watching them make noise, jump, swim and rotate. Primarily you will be thrilled to watch through the glass windows when belugas pass very near to you or move towards you. 


Let me brief you about other exhibits in Mystic Aquarium in my forthcoming posts. Till then... 


Happy travelling.


Visit my site, krishnakumartk.com, to know more about the travel guides and other books that I have written. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tallest Murugan of Chennai

Putlur Angala Parameswari Temple - Chennai

A 17th century Dargah with healing power - Mount Road Dargah, Chennai, India